Proposal #10: Launch Advanced Staking, Part 2: Configuration
This proposal is the second out of two governing the launch of version 0.5 of the Panther Protocol, known as "Advanced Staking". This PIP activates newly deployed software components by configuring both new and existing components of the Panther Protocol to work together.
Finally it suggests a secure user-friendly URL to the front-end for version 0.5 as discussed by the community on Panther's Discourse forum.
The approval of PIP-9 by the Panther DAO empowered the Panther community to deploy smart contracts and other software components for Panther's v0.5. The source code of these components was published and licensed for the deployment.
Since then, community members have deployed these new components, making it possible to complete the integration and launch version 0.5. To achieve this, newly deployed components and ones which existed before PIP-9 need to be configured to work as a whole.
This proposal authorizes and triggers execution of the attached blockchain transactions (via Panther's space on snapshot.org), which configure the Panther Protocol's smart contracts.
This proposal also covers rewarding the users that deployed Advanced Staking's components as per PIP-9.
In order to have a user-friendly URL pointing to the front-end for v0.5 deployed on IPFS, and also to safeguard access to the correct link/app, the community requests and makes a recommendation to Panther Foundation to configure the
pantherprotocol.ethENS domain namespace in such a way that the user-friendly link https://ipfs.io/ipns/pantherprotocol.eth will point to the deployed front-end.
Please vote to accept or reject the proposed actions detailed below.
As per the existing DAO governance structure, as the staking smart contracts are not currently issuing any rewards, you need to hold $ZKP, staked or not, on the Ethereum Mainnet or Polygon to participate in voting.
Voting power is calculated by Snapshot.org taking a snapshot of the number of ZKP tokens per holder at the block within which the proposal was created.
The following actions are proposed:
- Authorize and execute on the Ethereum Mainnet the attached configuration transactions, to achieve the following:
- Advanced Staking will go live on 2022-12-08 18:00:00 UTC, and stakes will be accepted for 119 days (till 2023-04-06 18:00:00 UTC) if the 6,000,000 $ZKP reward pool is not depleted before or Panther's v1 is not launched earlier.
- zAssets may be redeemed from 2023-04-07 18:00:00 UTC.
- Send rewards to the deployers of smart contracts and Subgraph instances.
- Request Panther Foundation to configure the pantherprotocol.eth namespace so that the URL https://ipfs.io/ipns/pantherprotocol.eth will point to the v0.5 front-end deployed on IPFS.
Description of blockchain transactions and further configuration details may be found in the technical details section of PIP-10 in the Panther DAO GitBook.