Proposal #13: Extend Advanced Staking and UI Updates
This proposal introduces two key initiatives:
- 1.Extending the “Advanced Staking” program till August 22, 2023. The parameters of the program can be found in the “Terms for smart contracts” section.
- 2.Activating updates to the front-end (UI) of Panther Protocol (version 0.5.1). A list of updates can be found in the v0.5.3 release description.
As discussed on Panther’s Discourse forum, the community recommends running a new cycle of the “Advanced Staking” program (AS2), with parameters stated below in the “Terms for smart contracts” section.
This proposal authorizes and triggers the execution (via Panther's space on Snapshot.org and the Reality.eth oracle) of the attached blockchain transactions listed below under Annex, deploying and configuring Panther's smart contracts to launch AS2.
In order to have a user-friendly URL pointing to v0.5.3’s front-end, and to safeguard access to the correct link/app, the community makes a recommendation to configure the pantherprotocol.eth ENS domain namespace in such a way that the user-friendly link https://ipfs.io/ipns/pantherprotocol.eth will point to the v0.5.3 front-end.
It is proposed to follow the below parameters for extending the “Advanced Staking” program:
Last day stakes are accepted
August 22, 2023 12:00:00 PM UTC. This can be earlier should “Amount of $ZKP allocated for rewards to all stakers” (see PIP-9) get depleted or Panther’s v1 be launched beforehand.
Time for a staker to withdraw rewards from the MASP (but forfeiting the right to accumulate PRPs)
Immediately after the stake is created
- 1.Approve all parameters included in the sections “Terms for smart contracts” and “Community Deployment Rewards”.
- 2.Authorize and execute on the Ethereum Mainnet and Polygon network the deployment and configuration transactions described in the Annex, to achieve the terms for the AS2 program to be those outlined in the section “Terms for smart contracts”,
- 3.Transfer the reward of 2,000 $ZKP for the front-end v0.5.1 deployment, as per PIP-11’s, Proposed actions, Point 1, to the user with the Ethereum address 0xE1B583De9cB37196031b771686734a31ec365768.
- 4.Allocate 100,000 $ZKP out of the total 450M $ZKP allocated for protocol rewards, to be used for Community Deployment Rewards under the present and future proposals.
- 5.Request the Panther Foundation to configure the pantherprotocol.eth namespace so that the URL https://ipfs.io/ipns/pantherprotocol.eth will point to the v0.5.3’s front-end deployed on IPFS.
Deploy the `AdvancedStakeV2ActionMsgTranslator` smart contract on the Polygon network by invoking the `DeterministicDeploymentProxy` on the Polygon Network.
The transaction will initiate a call to `FxRoot` on the Ethereum mainnet, which will bridge the contract bytecode to the Polygon network through the `MaticBridgeModule`.
Deploy the `AdvancedStakeV2ActionMsgTranslator` smart contract on the Ethereum mainnet using the `DeterministicDeploymentProxy`.
Configure the `Staking` and `AdvancedStakeRewardAdviserAndMsgSender` smart contracts on the Ethereum mainnet to work with the newly deployed `AdvancedStakeV2ActionMsgTranslator`.
Re-enable Advanced Stakes on the Ethereum mainnet from Thursday, April 6, 2023, at 6:00:00 PM UTC until Tuesday, August 22, 2023, at 12:00:00 PM UTC, with a lock period of 60 days.
Configure the `Staking` and `AdvancedStakeRewardAdviserAndMsgSender` contracts on the Polygon network to interact with the newly deployed `AdvancedStakeV2ActionMsgTranslator`.
Calls to `FxRoot` on the Ethereum network will trigger the corresponding calls on the Polygon network.
This is done through the bridging mechanism provided by the `MaticBridgeModule`.
Once the transactions are executed on the Ethereum network, they will be relayed to the Polygon network, where they will be decoded and executed.
Re-enable advanced stakes on Polygon starting from Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 6:00:00 PM UTC until Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 12:00:00 PM UTC, with a lock period of 60 days.
The transaction will call `FxRoot` on the Ethereum mainnet to bridge the configuration data to the Polygon network through `MaticBridgeModule`.
Update the advanced staking reward parameters by changing the end time to Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 4:00:00 PM GMT.
The transaction will invoke the call to `FxRoot` on the mainnet to facilitate the transfer of the configuration call across the Polygon bridge.
Transfer ZKP reward to the community member for executing the PIP-11.
Add and configure a 100,000 $ZKP Vesting Pool designated for Community Deployment rewards.
Please vote to accept or reject the proposed actions detailed above.
As per the existing DAO governance structure, as the staking smart contracts are not currently issuing any rewards, you need to hold $ZKP, staked or not, on the Ethereum Mainnet or Polygon to participate in voting.
Voting power is calculated by Snapshot.org taking a snapshot of the number of ZKP tokens per holder at the block within which the proposal was created.
Further description of blockchain transactions and configuration details maybe found in the technical details section of PIP-13 in the Panther DAO GitBook.
The full details of this proposal are visible also in raw Markdown format on IPFS: