Proposal #6 - Introduce new Snapshot admins and authors and update voting rules
This proposal aims to increase Panther’s degree of decentralization by increasing the number of authors with the ability to publish proposals.
Increasing the number of whitelisted addresses increases the community’s presence in the protocol’s governance.
If this proposal passes, Panther Protocol’s space on the Snapshot.org cloud service will have eight new whitelisted authors. The permissions for this set of authors are proposed to last for six months, after which we expect the community will propose its own list of nominees and vote on their appointment. This is part of Panther’s decentralized governance process with a focus on community governance.
The new addresses whitelisted will belong to:
- Victor, (Discord: Black322#9757), Russian Community Ambassador. Address: 0xDC885850D72c3269aa2d2bCB32C70E2080b3ACF1
- Quentin, (Discord: qqorq#0903), Social Content Ambassador. Address: 0xac9Ff68Ff1F377CD62B63Bcc500025F81EFBCab0
- Luka, (Discord: Luka de la Team Hermione#0085), French Community Ambassador and Discord Moderator. Address: 0xBaA5A9b673003481972A97eB5593C8D1818843af
- Akin, (Discord: Akin#6560), Turkish Community Ambassador and Discord Moderator. Address: 0xFd9b55948Abb2C0e2137eCF951EB03117153130D
- Sam, (Discord: 666Sam999#2082), Telegram and Discord Channel Moderator. Address: 0xF66268c5E9075223E32a364E321c74f4c0264BC8
- Toxic Entity, (Discord: toxicehc#5599), well-known Community member. Address: 0xE1B583De9cB37196031b771686734a31ec365768
- Saif, (Discord: Saifonblock#3283), early Panther Product Contributor. Address: 0x56dd80C22A375a53f3d11223fEe10C40A4b32d6F
- Joris, (Discord: Joris#1585), early Panther Contributor. Address: 0xB86DB7690887207209cC1a0F26E80d46f081B0a9
The power to introduce PIPs does not come associated with any other privilege in Panther’s governance mechanism. PIPs can only be published by the addresses above.
This proposal involves granting the right to adjust settings of the Panther Protocol space on Snapshot.org to another admin who represents the community.
The address of the new admin will be 0xeC88b933a75F961Ce55d7EaF6CDD6CEd103A4AD8, belonging to Anton, a well-known Web3 enthusiast and Panther community member. This address will be an Admin for six months, after which the community is expected to nominate and appoint a new Admin.
If this proposal passes, the above stated account will be added to the list of the Panther Protocol space Admins, so that two equally authorized admin accounts will be listed.
The power to update Panther’s Snapshot.org settings does not come associated with any other privilege in Panther’s governance mechanism. Admins must maintain the settings in strict accordance with this and future governance proposals.
Currently, only 8.3% of the total $ZKP supply is staked. This means that most users will not be able to vote on this and future governance proposal.
Moreover, in order a proposal to pass at least 4% of the $ZKP token total supply should cast votes, which may prevent obtaining the quorum when no active staking program is running.
To cover the cases when the staking smart contract is not releasing rewards to users (a situation likely to happen in initial phases of the project), alternate voting rules must be proposed and applied.
This proposal intends for the Panther DAO to define an alternate mechanism that considers users’ token balances together with their staked amounts on any supported network (currently the Mainnet and Polygon) as a secondary go-to in these cases. In these cases, the voting power of $ZKP tokens holders will be calculated as "one owned or staked token = one vote".
Whenever the smart contract releases rewards to users, the system will default back to the original mechanism (one staked token = one vote).
If this proposal passes, the admin of the Panther Protocol space on Snapshot.org will update the settings of the space so that the voting power for further votings will be computed according to the rule stated above.
Please vote to accept or reject the proposed actions detailed above.
As per the existing DAO governance structure, to participate in voting, you need to have staked $ZKP in Panther’s “Classic” staking solution on the Ethereum Mainnet or Polygon. Voting power is calculated by snapshot.org taking a snapshot of the number of ZKP tokens staked at the block within which the proposal was created.
The full details of this proposal are visible in a more human-readable form at:
and also in raw Markdown format on IPFS, e.g.